10 of the Best Port Macquarie Fishing Spots
Looking for the best Port Macquarie fishing spots? You have come to the right place! Our town offers more than just coastal views and a great location north of Sydney with some of the best fishing spots in Australia on offer. The whole family will love it here, so pack your rods and grab your tackle box because here are our top 10 favourite places to fish in Port Macquarie.
Locally known for reeling in the flathead and whiting, Dennis Bridge is a favoured fishing spot in Port Macquarie and a great place to start your fishing trip.
The Hastings River is a popular fishing destination in Port Macquarie, there are hundreds of spots to try your luck in and out of the water. Fish from the riverside, hire a boat or jump in a kayak for a little extra excitement (and a good workout).
The Southern Breakwall is a popular place to fish in Port Macquarie, you may have some competition to get the best spot. This location is great for fishing: tailor(bluefish), bream, mulloway (jewfish) and luderick (blackfish).
This fishing spot at Limeburner’s Creek National Park is hidden between Crescent Head and Port Macquarie and is a stunning stretch of coastline just off the beaten track. Fish and relax in this tranquil paradise - why not bring the family along as well?
- Rawdon Islands
Fishing for bream? The Rawdon Islands, Port Macquarie has seen some of the best fishing on offer in 2018. Drop a line on the way there or back, some spectacular fish have been caught in and around this fishing location
The Town Wharf
If you’re feeling adventurous and looking to explore the deeper waters for the perfect catch, you can’t miss a visit to Boomerang Island.
If you have the family with you, beach fishing makes the perfect compromise, the kids can play in the sand, the wife can relax and you can throw in a line or two. There are several notable beach fishing spots in Port Macquarie including Town Beach, Flynns Beach, Goolawah Beach and around Tacking Point Lighthouse.
If you’re determined to experience the best fishing in Port Macquarie, book an offshore fishing charter. Sit back, relax and let the locals take you to some of their favourite (and well tested) fishing spots.
Local Fish Caught
Boat Ramps in Port Macquarie:
McInherneyPark – McInherneyClose, Port Macquarie
- Westport Park – Park Street, Port Macquarie
- Apex Park – Reid Street, Laurieton
- Dunbogan Reserve – Camden Head Road
- Ostler Park – Ocean Drive, North Haven
- Rocks Ferry Reserve – Rocks Ferry Road, Wauchope
- Wharf Reserve – Mooney Street, Telegraph Point
Tackle and bait shops for fishing in Port Macquarie:
- Anaconda – 180 Lake Road, Port Macquarie
- Ned Kelly’s Bait & Tackle – 42 Gordon Street
- Predatek – 7 Merrigal Road
- Fisherman’s Corner, 1A Murray Street
- BCF (Boating Camping Fishing) – 10/160 Hasting River Drive, Port Macquarie
We can’t wait to hear all about your next fishing adventure in Port Macquarie while staying with us at Macquarie Waters Boutique Apartment Hotel – The place to stay!
Further Fishing Resources
- Weekly Port Macquarie Fishing Reports
- Port Macquarie Tide Chart
- Port Macquarie Weather Forecast
- Port Macquarie Fishing Charters
- Fishing Monthly Magazines
- Sydney Fishing Charters
- Regulations & Bag Size Limits
- Recreational Fishing Licenses
- Resources for Fishers