COVID-19 – Information from Macquarie Waters
At Macquarie Waters we are ensuring that our staff, guests and local community are safe in this challenging time.
Our doors are open and we are looking forward to welcoming you.
Please note that our reception is open from 9am every day, and our close time may fluctuate with each day.
If you are booking with us, please let us know of your estimated arrival time to ensure prompt delivery of arrival instructions to you.
For urgent assistance after reception has closed, please call 0409 923 667.
Otherwise, please leave a message on 02 6584 5755, and we will get back to you as soon as we can on our next day of business
We are monitoring Australia's COVID-19 situation closely, and we are doing everything we can to ensure our staff, guests and building remain safe and healthy. We are committed to maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene in our rooms and apartments as well as our public areas, with additional measures put in place to ensure these levels are met. There has been a series of changes put into place at Macquarie Waters.
DIRECT RESERVATIONS & CANCELLATIONS
Deposits are no longer required to hold an apartment reservation at Macquarie Waters, please see your confirmation letter as to whether one has been charged for your booking. We have free cancellation for all bookings up until 24 hours prior to arrival, up until December 10th, 2021. Regular cancellation policies apply for bookings after this date (please see confirmation letter for our standard policy).
- We ask that when you arrive into Port Macquarie you find a park out the front of the hotel on Clarence Street or on Munster Street and only 1 person per booking comes to check in. All other guests can wait in the car until you have your room keys and access the carpark. Please ensure that you have your ID, car registration number, payment method and glasses (if needed) with you when you come into the hotel. Masks are mandatory indoors in public areas unless medically exempt.
- After you have entered reception, please wait at the first available spot until reception is available.
- At the top of the stairs you will see a hand sanitiser station, please sanitise your hands before approaching the desk.
- QR sign-in via Service NSW's app or webform is mandatory before speaking with reception. We must confirm you have checked in, and are fully vaccinated before accommodating as per NSW's current public health guidelines.
- On check-in, you will be asked to sign a registration card that confirms that none of your guests have returned from overseas or any known recent Covid hotspots in the past 14 days, been in close contact with anyone with COVID-19, or are feeling unwell at the time of your stay. You will be asked to confirm your details are correct and to fill in your car registration. We will detail all the information about the hotel in your check-in including car parking, Wi-Fi and guest facilities. If you have questions about the local area and you can see that there may be a queue please come back to reception once you have unpacked and we will be more than happy to talk with you about our local area.
Our housekeeping team are working hard to ensure that all frequently used surfaces are wiped down and cleaned as much as possible in public areas and in units.
In our lifts we ask that only 1 family/couple/apartment uses the lift at the same time, we have 2 lifts running from the carpark to the lobby and guest apartments and we ask that you are patient in waiting for your opportunity.
THE CORNER RESTAURANT
The Corner Restaurant is located in the same building as us and is open. Bookings are essential for meals.
Breakfast 7 days a week from 7am. Dinner and Lunch service is unavailable currently.
Due to staffing and restrictions they will not be offering room service or chargeback. If breakfast vouchers have been included with your booking, please be sure to make a reservation on 02 6583 3300 as they are limited with their capacity. Seating times will be 1 hour for dine in meals and 30 minutes for coffee and cake. They are still offering takeaway coffee, but not in keep cups.
OUR LOCAL AREA
Port Macquarie is open, and we ask that you please be patient with all our local restaurants and services as we are still working on the ‘new normal’. We suggest joining the Facebook group Port Macquarie EaTs. This is a group that has been created for local cafes and restaurants to post when they are open and what they are offering. We also suggest following 10,000 fans of Port Macquarie who are regularly sharing and updating current information on our local area.
We are all in this together and ask that you understand and respect everyone’s space and health and we all work together to ensure that everyone has a wonderful escape, we all deserve it.
We wish you safe travels and please do give us a call if you need anything or have any questions on 02 6584 5755 between 9am and 5pm.
For after-hours emergencies please call 0409 923 667.
We are here for you, if you need to change, postpone or cancel your reservation at Macquarie Waters, please call or email our team who are more than happy to help you.
We are working with you, for you, to ensure that everyone remains healthy and safe in these challenging times.
See you soon!
Your Macquarie Waters team